Clutch issues may be caused from a broken flywheel, faulty clutch plate or leaky hoses. Symptoms include grinding or chirping noises, problems getting into or changing gears and clutch sticking.
Similar to your brakes, your clutch uses a plate with friction material which gets worn over time and must be replaced. This procedure is a normal part of maintaining your vehicle but you might also encounter unexpected problems.
If you notice any of the symptoms above, or another else is amiss, bring your vehicle in for an inspection before it gets any worse. We are located in Epping and serve many customers in the surrounding areas as well.
Why Work with Us?
- Exceptional Care: As a part of the Repco Authorised Network of mechanics we have all the latest diagnostic equipment to keep your car running at optimal performance
- Peace of Mind: We offer the peace of mind which comes from the Repco Nationwide Guarantee along with the friendly service which comes from dealing with a neighbourhood shop
- Education: Not only are our mechanics attending ongoing seminars and checking service bulletins, but they are always available to help our clients learn more about what is going on with their car
Our Clutch Services include?
- Flywheel Machining
- Master Cylinder Repair
- Release Fork Replacement
- Clutch Plate Replacement
- Clutch Pedal Replacement
- Clutch Cable Replacement
- Hydraulic Line Replacement
- Clutch Release Bearing Replacement
Common Clutch Issues
The most noticeable problems for a poorly performing or worn clutch is loss of drive, slipping or shuddering when starting off. The clutch can wear out because of normal wear and tear, heavy towing, incorrect operation, faulty components or when training a new driver who has a tendency to ride the clutch. You should never have to feel like you are not safe on the road. Our team is well versed in all clutch issues, such as:
- Clutch plate Friction Material Worn causing slippage and or shudder
- Pressure plate diaphragm spring broken causing hard selection of gears
- Faulty thrust release and spigot Bearings causing hard selection or slippage
- Fluid leaks Reducing Hydraulic Pressure causing hard selection
- Broken or poorly adjusted Clutch Cable causing hard selection or slippage
- Release Fork Sticks and making noises
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturdays from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm